Thank you all so much for your interest in joining Team FairyLoot! Applications for this position are now closed. Any future job opportunities will be posted at community.fairyloot.com and on our social media.
We are looking for a Manuscript Curator to join our wonderful Curation Team in June 2023.
As a Manuscript Curator, you will be working closely with the Curation Team and one of your main responsibilities is to read manuscripts and help us find the best titles to be selected for monthly subscription boxes and Exclusive Editions.
We are looking for someone who has passion for Fantasy books, can read books critically and is very well informed about current and upcoming releases in the Young Adult, Adult and “Romantasy” genres.
- Read manuscripts for upcoming releases and backlist titles in the Young Adult, Adult and “Romantasy” genres
- Take notes whilst reading manuscripts to critically evaluate potential monthly subscription box selections
- Correspond with publishing houses and literary agents to search for the titles in the industry
- Research upcoming titles and maintain relationships with publishers and literary agents
- Anticipate market trends and keep well informed of the industry
- Excellent knowledge of FairyLoot and the genres we curate
- Strong critical reading skills with the ability to evaluate manuscripts
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest book releases and reading trends
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organisational and time management skills
Before we can start the employment, we will need the following documents from the candidate:
- A copy of your Passport or European Identity.
- UK National Insurance number
Working Hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
Workplace: UK based, Work from home
Starting salary: £23,000 – 25,000 per annum (depending on qualifications and experience)
Job Level: Entry or Intermediate
Applications Close: 5th of May 2023
Apply to be a Manuscript Curator.
If you are passionate about books and have a critical eye, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our Curation Team.
We will invite applicants who we think would be a good fit for this role to an interview by email. Unfortunately, we will not be able to reach out to everyone who applies but we thank every single one of you for your interest and time applying.