Gorgeous photo by @rebireads!
Hello Fairy Family!
It’s day 3 of The Ones We Burn readalong!
But before we start reading, we have our secret giveaway! What’s that? Oh, just a chance to get your next FairyLoot for free as a reward for reading! Doesn’t really get better than that! And your chances are so good too! We don’t really announce this anywhere else as we truly want the person from the readalong to win! If you’d like to try your luck, all you need to do is follow these steps!
- Take a photo of our edition of The Ones We Burn
- Include the hashtag #FairyLootTOWB (very important!)
- Do all of this by the end of January 19th
- Mention down below in your comment that you have entered and include your Instagram handle (also super important!)
Today we’ll be reading from Chapter 32 to the end of Chapter 46, let’s jump in!
Please be warned, the following section will include spoilers for The Ones We Burn by Rebecca Mix, from chapters 32 to 46. Please only read on if you’ve finished this section!
They don’t know if Foldrey is dead, but he hasn’t been found. Ranka urges Galen to fight, goads him into honing his power and it results in him releasing the storm inside him, literally. He opens up to Ranka after that, he never wanted to be King, still doesn’t – and if they marry, he doesn’t want to do married people stuff. Good job too, because neither does she. It’s starting to become clear that Galen has the feels for Percy… and Ranka has the feels for Aramis. It’s solidified in Ranka’s mind that she’ll try to convince Ongrum for mercy. She isn’t here to kill the Sunra twins anymore.
Percy has caught an infected witch. When they test Aramis’s cure though, it doesn’t work. Or so they think… They haven’t cured her, but they’ve paused the infection in its tracks.
Together, Aramis and Ranka explore what woke Ranka’s power in the hopes of defeating her block. Refacing the memories proves too much for Ranka and she quits, vowing it was a mistake and fleeing from Aramis.
A few days later, Percy surprises Aramis, Galen and Ranka with a mini birthday party of sorts. Since it may be the last birthday they ever celebrate, he figured he should do something nice!
Do you think Ranka will manage to get past her block?
Any theories as to how the coronation will go?
Do you think Ranka will succeed in convincing Ongrum the twins should live?
That’s all for today! See you tomorrow for day 4 of the readalong!
7 thoughts on “The Ones We Burn Readalong: Day 3!”
Percy is my favorite character. I wish the whole book was about him.
1.) Do you think Ranka will manage to get past her block?
2.) Any theories as to how the coronation will go?
3.) Do you think Ranka will succeed in convincing Ongrum the twins should live?
1.) Yes, eventually (probably right at the last second).
2.) I don’t think it’ll end in rainbows & sunshine, but I think the main 4 will pull through somehow.
3.) If she doesn’t, she’ll have to kill her/the Skra coven (maybe more) to protect the twins, if the Hands don’t get to them 1st.
*I’ve already posted my #FairyLootTOWB photo under @TupaKitty_Reads 🤞🏼🤞🏼*
1. Eventually yes, but not the first time she’ll try to get past it.
2. Something will happen haha. I don’t think it will happen peacefully and something like an attack will happen.
3. I don’t really know and Ongrum kind off seems like someone who won’t change her mind. Like a stubborn old woman who think she knows best and won’t listen to younger people trying to change her mind.
posted my picture on my account @lisashelves 🙂
2) No theories, everything from smooth and easy to all out war seems possible at this point
3) I’m really not sure about this one…we didn’t get much info about Ongrum and the Skra before Ranka left. It wasn’t clear to me if they were all mad at her because she’s a killer, because she refused to go be the prince’s bride, or because she refused to kill the prince. Some of these things would mean Ongrum is more open to alternatives; others mean she would see anything but the prince’s death as a complete betrayal.
Also I’m sonata_ix on IG and will be entering the giveaway!
I did post and my handle is mangapenguin.
1. I think Ranka will get past the block but it will be very traumatic for her to be thrown back into what caused her powers to surface.
2. I think the coronation will go horribly. The first words that came to mind were like hell in a hand basket. I think it won’t go the way Ranka wants.
3. No I think at this moment the hatred is too deep and they will see Ranka as a traitor.
Ranka will need to get past her block, she will need to in order to reach her goals. She has comes so far, and even if it will ask a lot of her (reliving trauma’s is hard, it always will be), I think she will find a reason to force herself to do so.
I am very afraid that the Hands have all kind of people stationed at important places during the coronation, making it hard to avoid a disaster once everything starts to go south.
And I am afraid that Ongrum will be too hard to convince, maybe even turning against Ravna at the moment suprême as they both have very different views on how to protect their people best. Ongrum might be convinced that Ravna is too young to make the right choice, even after all that Ravna endured.
Oh and my Instagram handle is @kwetterelfje 🙂